the type.center curated exhibition “Beyond Type - Exploring the Type in the Future” will be held at the International Typography Conference “ATypI 2019 Tokyo” (September 4 (Wed) – 7 (Sat)) held at National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation (Miraikan).
Beyond Type - Exploring the Type in the Future
“Letters” have been part of ourlives since the ancient times which are indispensable for exchanging information. What will happen to the letters in the future, such as emoji and animated letters and characters? This project will observe and explore the future of letter forms and communication methods and beyond.
- ITO Tomoko ＋ TOKISATO Mitsuru ― “Series_Turning over Pages in the Monitor“
- Yukiko Uno + Suzuka Fujita ― “Dark kitchen, Blue fermentation“
- KATSUMOTO Yuichiro ― “Robotype“
- Mana Kawamura ― “Flick Shodo“
- DNP Shueitai Development Group ― “Auto Font Alternating System“
- Dainippon Type Organization ∩ Masahiko Furukata ― “‘PLAYING TYPE Series‘ Returns“
- 7th Floor, National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation (Miraikan)
- September 4 (Wed), 2019 – 7 (Sat)
- +81-3-5931-2217（Morisawa Inc.）